Tuesday, November 18, 2008

And the Winner is......





I've only won something a few times in my life.  Once was in 6th grade.  I entered a contest to name my elementary school paper.  They awarded me collection of Anderson's Fairy Tales with grotesque illustrations.  The pictures used to give me nightmares.  I kept it for years simply because I had never won anything before.  My oldest son thought it was scary and I finally tossed it when he was very young.  
The second time was when I entered the Orange County Fair with my Double Irish Chain Bed quilt and won the Grand Prize, a silver ice bucket.  The handle fell off a couple of years ago and it sits in a box in my basement.
Well, I was able to win one more time.  One More Stitch in downtown Cincinnati was having a contest the last time I was in there, sometime this summer.  Brenda, the owner was making a needlepoint rug and if I could guess the date she would finish it, I could win a $50.00 gift certificate.  I got lucky and picked my DH's birthday.  The day after his celebration, I received a call letting me know that I had won the prize. I have been coveting a yarn swift due to one too many tangled messes as I try to use my ball winder with the hank around my knees.  DH offers  to use himself as a swift, but I am not always patient enough to wait for him to get home.  Instead, when he gets home, he helps me untangle the mess I've made.  So....... we ventured downtown  to pick up my prize, and for $20.00 more, I got my swift.  We were both happy!









1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails