Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bugging Me...


Why does the government get to decide that my TV will be extinct in February? What does my TV have to do with the affairs of the nation? (This thought came after seeing a reminder poster in the post office with a picture of a TV like mine with a big red X through it.)

The new energy saving lightbulbs spill mercury when broken. We just got rid of Mercury thermometers (I had two) and now I am supposed to put in 20+ lightbulbs that if broken make my home a toxic dump? I got one to try in the hall and we all agree that this particular light bulb needs a chair underneath it. I could rent the chair out to the local police department to question suspects in. Frankly, it is freaky. I paid $6.00 for this lightbulb and it is going in the trash to make our landfill more toxic.

When I call a high school or junior high, why do students answer the phone? Why aren't they in class learning history and reading literature and learning to think? And why aren't they taught HOW to answer the phone if this is supposed to be a valuable experience?

Why do I have to PAY to recycle? Rumpke gets paid for the stuff I give them and I have to pay to give it to them. This makes no sense at all.

Sorry, I just had to vent. Feel free to add to the list. It will make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails