Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Sweaters and More


It is Christmas time and we pull out our red sweaters to look festive. Sometimes the sweater we put on isn't all that attractive. Favorite foods, decorations, books, movies, and pictures all bring back Christmas memories and those cause us to ponder the deep issues of life, which seem to center around relationships. As Christians, it causes us to ponder God's blessings and our own disappointments. But more than anything it should cause us to examine the Christmas babe and our devotion to Him and desire to reflect him to our brethren and the world. Jesus came as a baby because of God's love for us. And the love we share with others is a dim reflection of this great love.
On my bookshelf sits an old booklet that I read in high school, shortly after I trusted Christ as my savior. The Mark of the Christian by Francis Schaeffer is a wonderful Christmas read about God's standard for love. It is online in full at this link: http://www.ccel.us/schaeffer.html
Enjoy! You might find yourself clothed in something more attractive than a red Santa sweater.
For our small group tonight, I am baking a cake. This cake was baked by Edris Snipes, for the baby shower of my son Travis, now awaiting the birth of his own child. I have treasured this recipe for all these years. It is delicious and if you make it, take time to thank God for the gift of his Son, family, and friends!
Phoebe's Fudge Cake

1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 3 ounce chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1/½ c sour cream
½ c water
2 t instant coffee
½ c oil
1 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
Mix all together and pour into greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Dust with powdered sugar when cool.

Amy and I went to get haircuts yesterday and she got a new do! I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails