Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas in January


The things I ordered from Knitpicks have arrived. They are sitting atop my Bunny Hop (90% complete!) I love the counter from Nancy's Knit Knacks. I can wear it around my neck. I wish more things could be worn around my neck. I am much better with sewing supplies attached to my body than when they are set down to fall between cushions or be sat on unknowingly.
I also got my WIP tubes for socks. I started a pair of socks prior to Christmas, had less than an inch done on them and when taking them out of their 2-GO-Bag, found that one of the needles had broken and about 10 stitches were off the needle, which is why I bought these in the first place.
Finally, A Knitting Glossary by Elizabeth Zimmerman in DVD- complete with 7 cast ons and other assorted demonstrations of all aspects of knitting construction. A very good investment I think. Of course to find a moment where i can focus on the TV and knit along with EZ is difficult, but I will try to "plan" some dedicated time.

Watching the weather report this morning reminded me that men can only guess at the future. The weatherman in our fine town is NEVER right. Thinking a snow day was eminent, I awoke to rain which will turn to ice as the temperature falls, right around the time I must pick up my daughter today. Perfect.

Also, what is the "cut in the hill?" I have lived here 12 years and still do not know what the traffic reporter is talking about when she mentions "the cut in the hill." I have never seen a sign that says,"You are entering the cut in the hill," or thanks for visiting "the cut in the hill." This is annoying. I'm just sayin...

1 comment:

  1. I71/75 south of the Brent Spence Bridge is the cut in the hill. The road was...wait for it...cut out of the hill...

    Yeah, I know, I crack myself up.

    If it makes you feel any better, it took me years to figure out what the Norwood Lateral was. And I only know about the cut in the hill because I used to live in Northern KY.

    I love getting the goods you've ordered!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails