Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Presents


I received some gift certificates to Knitpicks. Now I am awaiting my order: an electronic knitting counter, a WIP tube for socks (I'm sick of my stitches falling off the needles everytime I put my project away) and a special treat, a dvd of A Knitting Glossary. Someday, when I have lots of disposable time, I will sit and watch EZ over and over and over and over and see if I can absorb some of her knitting wisdom.
Wisdom is like that. You have to absorb it, not just gloss over it. Which means you have to expose yourself to it in the first place. Then you have to do it. It is a practice, an obedience to its principles. Then you must do it over and over again, lest you forget.

The Bible is the ultimate source of wisdom and its author has much to say about wisdom. Here are a few verses to ponder.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Psalm 111:10 KJV

So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12 NASB

For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:6 NIV

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
James 1:5 NASB

Wisdom is a tree of life to those who eat her fruit; happy is the man who keeps on eating it.
Proverbs 3:18 TLB

Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.
Proverbs 8:10-11 NIV

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
Psalm 55:22 NASB

He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers.
Proverbs 19: 8 NIV

1 comment:

  1. Would have recognized your mom in an instant. Congrats on the grandson-looks like boys rule in this family. We'll have 5 boys! But we have Faith (Steve's granddaughter).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails