Monday, January 19, 2009

The Last of the Legwarmers


Today I finished Amy's legwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. There is nothing last minute about them and endless K1 P1 can be tedious, but made with Cascade 220 and a strand of Madil Kid Seta, they are amazingly yummy to wear. Hers are a bright Raspberry with a hot pink Madil strand and they are perfect. She nabbed them before I could even block them, though they don't look like they need it.
JoAnn Fabrics has everything 50% off as they move to a bigger location. I got lucky. I went in hoping to get the Great American Afghan book, because I had seen a copy there. I nabbed some nice buttons for future knitting projects, scanned all the remaining books and found nothing I wanted. Heading to the cash register, I passed the magazines and lo and behold, there sat the book I wanted. I was a happy camper. Fiberge has a sample of this beautiful afghan in their store and I love it. As an owner of a plethora of Red Heart Afghans, crocheted in my pre-knitting days, I have pondered making something with wool. I totaled up the yarn if I got it for 6.50/skein from the cheapest place I could find online and it totaled 162.00. That's a steep price for an afghan...but I figure I can buy one color at a time, using the suggested color numbers and do it over time and it won't be bad. I have never taken a class and the squares would teach me some new techniques. I have lots of things in the que, but I will keep my eyes open for some cheap Cascade 220 and pick it up over time.

I was listening to a Knit Picks podcast and heard an interview with Miriam Tegels, the world's fastest knitter. I am determined to learn to knit continental. I am WAY TOO SLOW.


Brandon came home and was here for 2 weeks. We had a great time, although hubby was back at work, I was back at work, Amy was loaded with schoolwork and Brandon was composing. I enjoyed hearing the piano throughout the day and when he left , he had a beautiful choral piece to take with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails