Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day



Today is Valentine's Day and I'm grateful for all of my loved ones. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 33 years. Our children are each a blessing to us. Our oldest is a composer. You can see photos from his recent photo shoot here. Our next son, a worship leader and song writer, is married to a wonderful girl and expecting his first child. Our third son is a theater major, loves people, has a lovely girlfriend. He will be coming home for spring break! Our daughter is a special gift from God, adopted from China, with an amazing story that I will tell sometime. We have learned as a family that the greatest gift of love is the gift of God's son, dying on the cross as payment for our sins. The knowledge of this, helps us deal humbly with one another, accepting each other's weaknesses and spurring one another on to live lives that glorify God.
My husband got up this morning and went to Findlay Market after a 2 month hiatus. We got there at 9am and the parking lot hardly had any cars in it. The lines were short and conversations overheard revolved around the stimulus package. NOTHING looked like it was being stimulated. KInd of eerie, kind of empty. All I can say is we still need to eat, the produce is high quality and much cheaper than the stores and I would hate to see the vendors there suffer.
My daughter and I are spending the day watching Anne of Green Gables. I have found over the years, this movie has been a mainstay. And we could all use a "scope of imagination" right now. I am trying to finish Babies and Bears as we watch.

1 comment:

  1. Anne of Green Gables has been a mainstay with my sisters and I as well. Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails