Sunday, April 5, 2009

Old Things Become New

We finally broke down and stimulated the economy by paying a painter to finish painting all of our woodwork. We have been working on it for 12 years. Enough is enough. All that painting got me in the mood for painting my daughter's room. It was getting shabby. From pale yellow to Restoration Hardware's Atmosphere Blue is a big improvement. I took the paint chip to Sherwin Williams and had them mix it up in their Duration flat- a paint that is indestructible. You can wash it, hit it, draw on it and it comes clean. Plus it has no odor and dries in hours.

I used to bake bread several times a week, grinding my own grain. Then it was discovered that my son had a gluten intolerance. I got mad at bread and have not really baked much since. This weekend I pulled out my Bosch and baked some Sesame French bread, my husband's favorite. I forgot how much I enjoy doing this. My daughter wants bread making lessons. The yeasties in the air may make a comeback!

This is not even funny. It is beautiful and springy outside but tomorrow has a 70% chance of snow. I'm not making it up...

I have gotten much knitting done with all painting and baking, but I'm hoping to finish my socks today.

Today is Palm Sunday. "Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time. " ~Martin Luther

2 comments:

  1. I love that blue! I agonized about a blue for our master bedroom for months, bought at least 4 samples and still ended up with a color I don't really love! Blues are tough but you found a lovely one!

    ~melissia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bread!

    I know, I'm looking out at the snow, trying not to be cranky. It will soon be spring. It will soon be spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails