Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm a Dork

How do you lose a skein of yarn? I am half finished with my Column of Leaves. Half finished. I can't find the other skein. ARGH!
Disgusted with myself, I have casted on the Wonderful Wallaby. Perfect TV knitting. It is going so fast. They say use a size 8 needle and I didn't get gauge until I went down to a 6, which makes me a little nervous. I must knit loose, but I never knew that. Oh well....

Friday night in our study of The Reason for God by Tim Keller we discussed forgiveness. The (True) Story of the Cross, Chapter 12, brought to light the fact that forgiveness is costly. We have to die, it is not just "cheap grace" as Bonhoffer penned in The Cost of Discipleship. The leader brought out the fact that not forgiving is actually idolatry. God is able to forgive, yet we are not? We set ourselves above God. The humility that Christ brought to the cross where ultimate forgiveness occurs is the same humility we must have as we offer forgiveness. We have to forgive. If you are a follower of Jesus, there is no option.

1 comment:

  1. I knit loose too! I automatically go down two needle sizes at the very beginning...

    Your thougths about forgiveness are very thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails