Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Distractions




My garden distracts me from knitting...making me want to plan canning projects and new recipes. My tomatoes are doing well in my earth boxes and the peppers, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes are starting to produce in the containers on my porch. After the experience of blossom end rot last year on the tomatoes, I'm watering morning and evening on hot days and at the first sign, I will add lime to the water.
I have half a sleeve of the Wallaby finished and now people are putting in orders for things they want. I had better finish my Christmas gifts quickly, because requests are heating up.

I saw this quote today after having coffee with a dear friend. We trust each other and can speak frankly about the ways God is growing us. Psalm 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another." I always look forward to meeting with her.

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington (1732 - 1799)

3 comments:

  1. Your gardening looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you add lime to the water? I have tomatoes and was just wondering. Beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using earth boxes and apparently it will prevent blossom end rot. I will only add it if I detect it on any tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails