Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday


What could be cuter? This is the sleeping baby I kissed goodbye when I left California.

I'm at the placket of my Wonderful Wallaby. Cottage Creations patterns are a bit chatty and I don't read carefully, which makes for a bit of ripping out. But as with all errors, we tend to learn best by what we do wrong rather than what we do right, so I don't mind. I usually thoroughly understand a pattern when I am finished. It is humid and smoggy out and I'm thinking that resting indoors and knitting is the perfect way to spend the day.

Today I went to the first class of a summer's worth of study in the book of Romans, taught by one of the young men in our Friday night group. Lots of food for thought. He is a deep thinker and a lover of the Word. Our community has grown into two now, ages 18- 33, all different walks of life, levels of education and interests, yet all have one thing in common: our faith in God and desire to "know God and His Gospel in the same way we know honey is sweet." The teacher's goal is for us to be increasing "...conformed to the image of his Son" (Rom:8:29) as we "rejoice in hope of the glory of God: (Rom. 5:2). all empowered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, " the power of God for salvation to eveyone who believes" (Rom. 1:16).

May I offer a summer reading suggestion for anyone who wanders here: The Reason for God by Tim Keller. It is an honest, humble and thoughtful work which addresses the questions that any person who ponders such matters might have. Our group has found it life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails