Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July in Cincinnati


People always ask me why the fireworks are bigger here on labor day than the 4th of July. I think it because it always rains here on the 4th of July. I love this holiday, the grilling, the contemplation of freedom and how we obtained it, the evening, full of anticipation of the big show. But the annual rain on the only truly outdoor holiday has me thinking differently. This year we went to Findlay and then the grocery store, are going to see UP in 3D, coming home to make our 4th of July taco salad and having game night with friends. Not traditional, but then again who cares. We will grill out on labor day.

I'm on the second sleeve of my Wallaby. It's going slowly because I've been reading, working on other projects for our young adult group and getting ready for a visit from our grandbaby this week. Yeah! We hear he is smiley, happy and we are sure he will love Ohio.

Happy 4th of July! Enjoy your liberty as many have lost their lives to provide it! We must fight to preserve it.

It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.
George Washington

1 comment:

  1. I commented to my husband last night that it always rains on July 4th. I think it's because of all of the gunpowder in the air. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails