Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stash Busting


Today I am talking my first knitting class. It is a free-form purse which uses up scrap yarn. I went into the store yesterday to make sure I liked it and was pleased. I have never taken a knitting class before and I think it will be fun. While there I spotted a 50% off bin of Jamieson Double Knitting. I would like to make a plethora of Porom for gifts and the price was unbeatable for Shetland wool. The colors are so pretty! This does defeat the idea of stash busting though. I will need to make lots of purses to make up for all the yarn I bought yesterday.
Here is another cute picture of Hudson. His expression is priceless. Only a baby can get away with a face like that. We can't wait to see his personality develop. He is precious and well-loved.
My son and daughter-in-law brought me a gift from Teavana, some Matevana tea and this cool infuser. You put about 1 1/2 tsp. of tea in the infuser, poor hot water in and let it steep for about 5-6 minutes, set the infuser over your cup and it drains in. Ingenious. The tea is rich and delicious and a great coffee substitute. Almost. The blue cup was a gift last week from my hubby (for no reason, winning him brownie points) as I love blue, I love coffee and I love Starbucks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the expression on his face is priceless! Happy stash busting. You have to make room for all that pretty new yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us how the knitting is going. I am working on a sweater right now that I will probably never get to wear. I live on the Gulf coast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails