Sunday, November 8, 2009

Deer and Mercies



My daughter and I were driving down the road on a sunny, unseasonably warm November day here in Ohio when suddenly she uttered (in her extremely soft voice), "Mom, deer." Now she is not an alarmist and has been known to mow down pedestrians with her bike on the bike trail with only uttering a faint "Aaah." So basically, I knew doom was impending. However, I saw no deer until I looked in my rearview mirror to see a deer as tall or taller than my Scion XA crossing the road right behind us. Amy informed me that I almost hit him and that he was in the road RIGHT NEXT TO MY CAR. I never saw him. I am tempted to blame my bifocals which do a number on peripheral vision, but I am more inclined to thank God for his mercy. I'm not sure what I would have done if I HAD seen him. Slam on my brakes? Swerve into the culvert?

This got me thinking about how good God is. What disasters does he prevent, that I am not even aware of? Many I am sure. All the more reason to give him thanks, to pray without ceasing, to remember the ONE who never forgets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails