Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stockings and Beds


I'm on the home stretch.  This Snowy Night Gansey Stocking is simple and very quick. The pattern is found in Interweave's Christmas Stocking book.
The composer is coming home today for Thanksgiving and I just heard that there are computer glitches affecting the airlines all over the country. Flexibility is the key and today will be a good opportunity to practice it.
On facebook, many friends are posting things they are thankful for.  As I lay in bed this morning enjoying  the warmth, I was thankful for my bed. This is a comfort which should never be taken for granted. We support a child through Compassion.  She has been our child for 10 years.  One year our Christmas gift enabled her family to buy her a bed. Prior to that she lay on the dirt floor.  For a little over $38 dollars a month one can provide food and education for "the least of these."  A small thing really, which like the fish and loaves is multiplied to much in third world countries.  And the benefit we receive is her family, all lovers of Jesus, pray faithfully for our jobs, so that we can continue to give.  In this economy, with so many lay offs at my husband's work, I treasure this family's prayers for our employment.  We are part of the same family, brothers and sisters who can pray for one another and meet each other's needs.

1 comment:

  1. So much to be thankful for. Thank you for reminding me.

    And I love the stocking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails