Sunday, November 15, 2009

White Christmas

Hubby and I went to the Aronoff to see Irving Berlin's White Christmas. It was a great way to kick off the holidays but sobering to think of the changes in our world since this story was first filmed. I have seen the movie before but watching the play made me realize that the secularization of Christmas began long ago. Judy Garland's daughter played Martha Watson and she definitely has her mom's genes.  The dancing was wonderful and costumes nice and old-fashioned ala 40's/50's. My favorite part...the snow that fell inside the Aronoff at the end of the performance! We then walked outside where it remains in the 60's. We finished off the night at Yagoot, my new favorite place to go for dessert.  A perfect night except the for the lack of Christmas in White Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails