Sunday, December 27, 2009

Narnia, Aprons and Sweet Rolls


This is the view out my front door. After a snow, the lamp post always reminds me of Narnia.
After Christmas, I love finishing up old projects and dreaming of what to do next. My socks are almost finished and my fingers are itching to start on something new. I have also been thinking about my sewing machine. It sits in a beautiful cabinet, a gift from my husband years ago, and I have barely touched it in years. Raising four kids, moving a million times (not really a million, but after you pack up an entire house several times its feels like it,) homeschooling, ministry, homemaking, working from home and learning to knit hijacked my desire to sew. But the desire to sew could be rearing its head. I've been thinking of aprons.
In my search for free apron patterns, I found this. I will not be making it, but I thought it was funny. I think I would rather sew an apron than knit one, thank you.

I broke from my traditional Christmas morning cinnamon rolls this year and made these wonderful and easy rolls.

Cream Cheese Lemon Sweet Rolls
24 Rhodes rolls, frozen
¼ cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar, divided
6 ounce cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 cup powdered sugar
5 teaspoon lemon juice
¾ cup pecan pieces
Place rolls in 9 x 13 pan coated with cooking spray. (I used a bundt pan)
Combine butter, 1/2 c. sugar, cream cheese and orange juice. Blend well and spoon over rolls.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise overnight until double in size.

Combine 1/2 C. sugar, the rinds, and pecans. sprinkle over risen rolls.
Bake immediately in 350 oven about 25 minutes or until rolls in center are done.(35 minutes in the bundt pan- I then turned them out on a plate.)

Combine powdered sugar with lemon juice and drizzle over rolls.

They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails