Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Haiti's Orphans



Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. James 1:27

A blogging friend shared a link to this website. It is such a comfort to know that we have brothers and sisters on the front lines working among the people in Haiti. If you follow the links to other Haitian blogs, you will find that most of the workers there are not experiencing the violence that CNN reports. I'm sure there is some, but it is refreshing to hear real stories from real people. It is reported that World Vision has 800 workers on the ground- another great place to give.
Pray for the orphans whose papers are missing, waiting for their families. They are assigned to families, and the last details needing attention are lost in rubble. Pray that our country will facilitate their delivery to their forever families. The rules have already been loosened and some children are arriving. This morning Haitian orphans arrived in Pittsburgh for medical care. Thousands more children have been orphaned however. What to do?



Meanwhile, life goes on in America and I have had some time to knit at night. Knitting is a prayerful activity. I used to pray while folding mountains of laundry, now most of my laundry makers are in California, so I pray while I knit.
The biscuit blanket is almost complete. It is such a pretty pattern and I can understand why my friend wants this. She loves pretty things! This is her website where a wealth of ideas for weddings can be found.

2 comments:

  1. My sister has been trying to adopt an orphan from Haiti for about a year - sadly, she is missing. However, humanitarian amnesty has been granted by the US for these orphans. They can go to their American adoptive families homes and continue the adoptive process from there. Prayers for my sister and her little girl Vania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for you sister and little Vania. My daughter is adopted, so I have a special place in my heart for those families. I will pray for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails