Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ravelympics 2010

What should I knit for the Olympics? Ravelry, the social networking/information central for knitters, always has a group of knitters who knit a project during the olympics.

From the website_The One Rule To Rule Them All: Challenge yourself by starting and finishing projects during the 2010 Winter Olympics.
What will be a stretch for you: a new technique, that first sweater or pair of socks, something massive, something delicate, finishing that monster in the closet? The goal of the Ravelympics is to support you in expanding your knitting/crocheting horizons. Just remember the one rule: Challenge yourself!

I have have several ideas. Would you weigh in please?

The Hemlock Blanket- I have the yarn and need time to think and not be distracted, so this could be good.

I have always wanted to knit the Moss Grid Hand Towel from Mason Dixon Knitting and the linen needed is stashed upstairs.

It's never too early to begin Christmas knitting and this little pretty, the Ruffle and Ruched Scarf could be fun.

A knitted Tea Cozy, pattern not yet decided, but this is an example. I have a dear tea-drinking friend who might enjoy this.

So help me out here. What would YOU knit?

2 comments:

  1. I vote for the Hemlock Blanket.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm digging the scarf. I can see it in a deep, deep purple (almost black).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails