Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Readers Wrap

"Let me warn you that a genuine interest in knitting can keep you fascinated, eagerly pursuing it, and never satisfied through a lifetime."
Rose Wilder Lane, 1963

I loved the Little House on the Prairie series, reading it in its entirety to each of my children, aloud. I was pleased to see that Laura's daughter took her knitting seriously! And reading made me think of this:


This picture is of an old project, the Reader's Wrap made with Beaverslide, one of my favorite yarns. Squishy, sturdy, no pilling and great for items that will get lots of wear. This has rescued me at outside affairs, restaurants, and sitting in my chair waiting for the heat to come on.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that quote is fantastic! As an Aussie child, Little House on the Prairie was very romantic viewing, even if it wasn't quite what the books were - my school library had some of the books and I adored them. i think I ought to track them down. I wonder if there's more about knitting in them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wrap, and the quote, too. The Little House books were my favorite as a child, and I've often thought I should try reading them again as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Debbie, love the wrap! I have had that darn wrap bookmarked for so long,then forget about it, then it keeps coming back into my life. Sounds like the knitting universe it trying to tell me something...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails