Saturday, February 6, 2010

Frogging and Food

Well, I frogged 6 rows x 165 stitches back to row 1 of the feather and fan section of my Hemlock Ring Blanket, found my problem, caught back up to where I thought I was before and now I am ready to procede. Check.

To make the day seem a little more fun...food entered in. My venture into the world of oBento was enhanced by a new skill acquired. My daughter and I made onigiri together. Fun and delicious, glutinous rice rolled into balls, filled with tuna, formed into a triangle and covered with a strip of Nori. We are eating them for dinner, because apparently they don't keep. New skill learned. Check.
For dessert, the best chocolate chip cookie recipe on the planet. They DO NOT turn into a flat, skinny cookie. They are chewy, chocolatey goodness. If you are snowed in, you need these. My husband is smiling. A nice prize for shoveling the driveway. Happy Husband. Check.


Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe in the World

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
3 cup flour
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon soda
Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Mix dries and combine. The dough will seem kind of dry and thick.
Add one bag chocolate chips. Bake 10 min at 350.

3 comments:

  1. I'm attempting your delicious cookies! They looked so good, I had to make them...I'm just about to add the dry ingredients into the KitchenAid...I'll keep you posted! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just made them...and ate them...and love them! And now I shall go polish off a tall glass of cold milk! Thanks Debbie "Garten" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails