Sunday, February 28, 2010

Silver Medal for Me


I can't get a gold because it's not blocked. This Hemlock Ring Blanket presently looks more like an octopus. This will take some doing. I need to get pins tomorrow and maybe I will be able to begin blocking. In the mean time, I'm going to cast on the Easy Mobius Cowl with Plymouth Baby Alpaca D.K.Paint.

This is Sunday, a sabbath in the midst of trouble. Haitians homeless and starving and injured, Chileans enduring great loss, and even the Olympics were tainted with death. Yet we are reminded that God is good and offers hope for weary hearts.

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a good reminder: God is Good. Even when I question why all the suffering, I know He is good, he doesn't cause the destruction but does care for those suffering and will bring good out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are done! You are a rock star! Good luck with your future mobius - I've always wanted to do a mobius shawl - perhaps an idea for a future design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails