Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blocking Magic

From This:
To This:

If you did not believe in blocking, maybe this will make you a believer. A good soak in some tepid water with a mild wool wash ( I love Eucalen), a roll in a towel to squeeze out the moisture as much as possible, towels on a floor or a blocking board or a bed with a waterproof something laid down and then it is time to shape your piece and pin, pin, pin (with nickel pins, so they won't rust on your piece). T-pins are best so your thumbs don't get punctured. I put a fan on the piece to dry it faster. I just love how this turned out. Now if I only had a good camera and consistant lighting. Grrr.

7 comments:

  1. OK, you've converted me! Nothing I seem to block comes out half as nice as that, though admittedly I rarely "do" lace! Looks gorgeous, congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens that's gorgeous! I'm so very impatient. And lazy. But wow!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Grandbabies. My oldest is only 12. It feels like a million miles away. I keep looking for babies to steal, but their mama's usually want them back. Poor me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I'm working on the Brandywine Shawl right now and I'm hoping for a great transformation in the blocking process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made one of those for my sister in law & she LOVED it!!! yours turned out beautiful!!!

    And that was the first thing I blocked that showed me the difference blocking makes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blocking lesson. I'm ready to block my February Lady Sweater and needed the reminders of why it is so worth the effort! Your piece turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails