Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Have you ever had a day like this?

Dr. calls in prescription to pharmacy.
Pharmacy says insurance denied payment because it needs preauthorization.
Pharmacy calls Dr. and tells them to call insurance to get preauthorization.
Dr. calls me to tell me insurance denied the drug , can I call insurance and find out what they will approve.
I call insurance to find out what they will approve. They tell me Dr. never called in for preauthorization.
I call Dr. to ask them if they called in preauthorization or not.
Dr. says yes, in fact they received fax with the denial.
I call back insurance to tell them doctor receive denial. They deny this. They tell me the drug was preauthorized long ago.
While on the phone with them, pharmacy calls me to tell me my prescription is ready.
Priceless.

3 comments:

  1. If that weren't so sad and frustrating it would be funny. My friend just got a situation corrected where a box was checked accidentally and it has taken her three months to get her hepatitis medicine back to approved. NOT good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was practicing pediatrics, we got calls about this king of ridiculousness all the time. And it' happens to my husband quite often. And the insurance companies say they are doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's a good thing this won't happen with OBAMA care ;) (please do note the winky/sarcastic face at the end!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails