Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Smitten

I LOVE this yarn! Soft and warm in your hands to knit (it's still cold here!)
Easy Mobius Cowl

Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK Handpaint Color 633
2 skeins
Size 11 32 " circular

I am completely smitten with this idea of the mobius and this cowl is a quick knit once you master the cast-on, which isn't really hard, just rather mind-bending.
It makes a lovely piece of fabric, with such nice drape. Going to cast on another tonight. I did in fact conquer continental knitting with the feather and fan of my hemlock blanket. I intend to conquer continental purling with this project. There are lots of uninterrupted purl rows.



I really am needing some sunshine. They say it will be 50 on Friday and sunny. I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Debbie: I really enjoy your blog and love your knitting. I am a self-taught knitter and I am wanting to try knitting the Hemlock Ring Blanket. I can't figure out how to (k1,P1) 8 times in one stitch. Is there somewhere I can find out how to do this? I know you are busy, but any info would be most helpful. I knit "throwing style."

    Have a great evening.

    Gail Crews
    East Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail,

    Thanks for visiting! I tried to email you but your name was protected and I couldn't. I struggled at that point also. It means what it says. You knit 1 , purl 1 and do it 8 times in that same stitch. That is what make the big holes all around the inside of the flower. It will look messy until you do the next row. I am most comfortable throwing, but I'm making myself learn the other. It really is faster and after practicing on the feather and fan section, I prefer knitting continental. Now if I can get comfortable purling. I hope this helps.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails