Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy {101}


My sweet blogging buddy Erin has awarded me a Happy {101} award and I feel honored!  To pay it forward, one lists 10 things that make you happy and awards 10 bloggers that inspire you in order to keep the love flowing! So here goes.
{My kids}
Need I say more?


{My Grandson}
Cutest. Baby. Ever.


{A Campfire}
There is a quiet that takes over when sitting in front of a fire. And to sit there with friends causes deep conversation, easy laughter and reflection. Add a guitar and you have it.  Bliss.



{Rowe Pottery}
I've always wished I could live in a log cabin with Americana surrounding me.  That has not worked out in my life...though you could check my brother-in-law's blog out to read about REAL rustic living, log cabin and all.  However, Rowe pottery reminds me of earlier times..hand made bowls and pitchers for practical uses in my  favorite color for a kitchen: blue!


{Folk Music}
My kids will tell you I love folk music.  Always have and always will.  Dulcimer, dobro, acoustic guitar, raw voices and story songs that speak to the heart. My son Chad is my consultant, feeding me artists that he knows I will like. 
Thanks Cate for this song :-)



{Adoption}
My daughter is from China and it is a privilege to be her mother.  Having three biological children, I can honestly say that I am SO HAPPY that I was able to adopt as well.  I forget that she was not "in my tummy."  It helps me understand God better and our adoption into His kingdom when we become His children.  I wish everyone could adopt and experience the joy of it.



{Starbucks}
Yes, I know. The four dollar cup of coffee.  But I love the smell of it and how it lingers on your clothes long after you've left. I love the deep conversation  that can occur over a hot cup of java. I love the random encounters with friends and neighbors at this local watering hole, so to speak. Not to mention the yumminess of a Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce.



{Murphin Ridge}

My very favorite place to go to with my husband. It is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast in Adams County, Ohio in the heart of an Amish community.  The food is fabulous, the cabins are LOG complete with lovely quilts and a porch with rockers.  No city lights can be seen and it is quiet. 

.

Nothing is more beautiful than fall.



{Jesus}

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said:
'Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ  whom You have sent."  John 17:1-3

And now for my Happy {101} awards. Each different, all special. Drumroll please.
Hayley
Cate 
Rox
Jenn
Ann
Camilla
Kristyn
Emily
Saskia
Alicia




5 comments:

  1. Great post! Adoption is a wonderful thing. I just wish it were easier in Australia. It's next to impossible for me.

    Can you do a run down of your favourite folk? New and old? I adore folk - new and traditional and reading what someone else loves can be a great source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sure not an expert...but when I hear it I know if I like it. These are some old favorites of mine.
    Joni Mitchell
    Jennifer Knapp
    Honeytree
    The soundtrack to Brother Where Art Thou has some great music!
    http://www.amazon.com/O-Brother-Where-Art-Thou/dp/B00004XQ83
    Happy Listening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 10. Erin is so sweet. She awarded me the same, and I felt honoured. This blogging things is very new to me, so I didn't even know such a thing existed.
    I've been enjoying seeing everyone's 10!!!
    Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there...nice to meet you sister! I haven't met anyone else who had the same life verse as me...!!

    I love your 10 things Happy post..your kids are adorable...yes, your grandbaby is DARLING...Fall is my favorite, too...of course....because we're sisters..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun!! how did I miss this? ok! I'll join in. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails