Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't Miss Out

I overheard a man make this remark while walking through the flower displays at the farmer's market Saturday: "It smells like a funeral around here." Who walks though the beautiful, fresh blooms of spring with happy shoppers gathering posies to grace their tables and even thinks that?

Several thoughts went through my mind.
1. What a crabby man.
2. His poor wife.
3. How sad.
4. Oh, the simple joys he is missing....

It reminds me of this verse:
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.   Phil 4:8 NLT






7 comments:

  1. I have to say that lilies will always make me think of my grandfather's funeral. I get past it quickly, but the scent-memory is strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that...Our past experiences do color our present perceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've made a very important point and did it very well. Thanks

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bouquet! I hope you picked it up!
    Maybe his only experiences with flowers are at funerals;
    I feel sad about that.
    Love that verse! It's our focus verse for our church this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people just make me sad that they prob just wont ever "get it"

    Beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kinda with Geek Knitter on this one. The smell of flowers often brings me back to the funerals of my past. I don't love flowers any less for it though. And, I get how that guy at the farmer's market must have sounded cranky!

    Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails