Friday, May 28, 2010

The Kid

It's been a long time since I watched The Kid, and I'd forgotten how much I liked it.   It's the story of an unhappy businessman who is visited by himself as a child.  He disdains the child and the child thinks he is a loser. The child and the adult teach each other something and the story is filled with hope. What I liked best is seeing how the main character realizes he doesn't have to settle for his miserable existence. He can change and actually enjoy his life, do things he has always wanted to do and fulfill his childhood dreams.  
It goes back to attitude. If you don't want to miss out on the joy of living, then you have to train your mind to think differently.
The good news is that we have help available to us. 

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.  Romans 12:2 NLT







1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails