Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Books

I had a birthday recently and am the happy recipient of two new books.  60 projects are presented all with Cascade 220 in mind.  This is a good idea and the projects are lovely. There are numerous patterns for mittens, scarves, and hats.

I used to make bread at least twice a week, 6 loaves at a time.  Then my son began reacting to gluten. I got mad at bread.  Well, he is out of the home now and we are hankering after some homemade bread after all these years.  A friend has been posting pics of his daily creations on facebook and has inspired me to try this book.  He says he really spends 5 minutes a day.  And there is no kneading required.  sounds fishy, but his pictures are beautiful, so I am going to give this a whirl.

I am at the design edge of the back and this is going quickly if I could just find time to knit.  Lots of running around this week. The  cocoon design of the sweater utilizes M5 and P5 tog. Does anyone like making P5tog?  Let me know if you do.  I don't.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I don't care for purling anything together and especially don't like it from p3 tog or more! I'm with you on this one.

    Yes, bread. I can't wait to get home to bake more bread! :)

    Happy weekend!

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany RobertsonMay 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM

    Debbie,
    I have made a recipe from that bread book-- it was delicious! That and their other book are on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails