I'm so pleased that Gibknitty nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger award. As a recipient, it's my job to tell you 10 things about myself that you might not know.
1. I got an A in Home Economics in high school and a D in PE. I still am not fond of exercise and have to make myself move.
2. I homeschooled four children, starting back in the days when few did it. Loved it, would not change a thing. I like AND love my kids and have never minded being around them 24/7.
3. I have one blue eye and one green eye.
4. I have watched Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea at least a million times (I'm probably exaggerating) and the lines run through my mind in various situations.
5. I love the smell of Starbucks and would be quite happy if my husband could find some aftershave that smelled just like it.
6. I love to knit or crochet or do needlework or sew. My mom and grandma taught me and my sister and I have carried it on. My daughter has no interest and I am crushed. Kind of.
7. I love fall with its colors and leaves and breezes and the feel of a new school year.
8. I love to read, but when given the choice, will knit. I am a visual person and audio books don't work for me. My mind wanders and I miss the whole story. I get tired of rewinding. A great sorrow...
9. I would love to travel more. I've traveled some in the states, lived in a five of 'em, and been out of the country a few times. I love this quote by Robert Louis Stevenson.
For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.
10. My daughter had nerve damage to her ears making her completely deaf and God healed her. No lie. She not only can hear, she's is an auditory learner. I love that. When things get rough, I remember what He did. It works and is reassuring that He is in control.
Now I get to nominate 10 of you. Here are some blogs that I enjoy.