Monday, June 7, 2010

My Garden

Well, it's not very big, but bigger than last year.  Four tomatoes, two kinds of cucumbers, green beans, radishes and swiss chard.  I love swiss chard and hope it grows.  We shall see.
At first I thought these volunteers were zinnias from last year.  When they got taller than me, I realized they were some latent sunflower seeds from last year.  The deer chomped them all off last year and I never saw any, but these must have been lying wait in the ground all winter.  This year's zinnias are coming up all around them.

My front porch gets full sun for most of the day, so I have two cherry tomatoes and an earthbox of herbs and peppers.  
So far, not a rabbit or deer in sight.  Knock on wood.



1 comment:

  1. Well, no matter what, it's bigger than my garden. No space in NYC! When you get a chance, stop by my blog and check out my latest post (6/7). There's something there for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails