Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One Misty, Moisty Morning


Wow, did we have some rain last night. The grass grew a few inches and it is a soggy mess. Pippin DOES NOT enjoy going out in the wet grass. He is not going to know what hit him when it snows...While his coat is growing, we are keeping his hair in a topknot.  My husband thinks he looks girly, but he seriously can't see anything if we leave it down.

It has been hot and muggy.  I think God makes it muggy so that we will look forward to winter.   In the meantime, a hot dinner doesn't sound very appetizing. This is a yummy, easy gluten free meal that we had last night.

Barbecue Chicken Salad


  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast or any leftover chicken cut in chunks
  • 4 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 large red bell pepper, diced
  • ½ red onion, diced
  • 1 can sweet corn, drained
  • ¼ cup barbeque sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is GF)
  • 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise



     Preheat grill for high heat. Grill chicken for 10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.  Cool chicken and cut in cubes. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, celery, red bell pepper, onion and corn. Mix barbecue sauce and mayonnaise in small bowl.  Toss all together.  Chill until ready to serve.  This is great for leftover chicken.  You may also add fresh vegetables from the garden or a can of rinsed, drained black beans.
     I'm not getting too far on this piece, but we have been watching Elizabeth I on our Roku player through Netflix.  This mini series was made in the 70's but is really a wonderful depiction of the queen's life. I'm so glad no one has made me queen. The Roku player is one of our favorite things.  There are so many movies/documentaries available for free, anytime instantly and no commercials!  Needless to say, I'm going slowly.





4 comments:

  1. Your little Pippin is so darling. :) I hope he can "high step" the wet grass to do the necessary things that must be done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little Pippin. If it is raining like cats and dogs there like it is here, he'll have some very unpleasant mornings!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, Debbie,

    Please stop by my blog today. I have left something there for you. :))

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pippin is such a cutit patutie! He looks like my roomie's dog... she's a little pekapoo and so sweet. I think she needs a topknot too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails