Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer Knitting


Who doesn't love garter stitch? It's so  easy and rich with texture.  This little sweater is a Cottage Creation pattern.  They are always easy, clever and come out the way you want them to. The hood is in garter stitch and then switching to some stockinette with shaping. I've had the yarn for a while, always with this sweater in mind.
I'm finishing a Fruit Cap that my daughter started.  (See #6 ) Lot's of babies around and these are so cute.

Here is another gluten free recipe for those with a sweet tooth.

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
2 cups peanut butter
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
(optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheet or use a Silpat.
Combine peanut butter, eggs and sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in chips. If you like nuts, you could add those too.
Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Let them cool for 5 to 8 minutes on cookie sheet.

4 comments:

  1. Garter stich is highly underrated- love the texture.
    Love the fruit hat...grape or blueberry?
    Congrats on your blog award, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like garter stitch, too. It is often just the right thing to get texture needed for a project. Nice little hat!

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fruit hat! I'm making a few dishcloths with a garter border...loving the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails