Saturday, June 5, 2010

Poison Ivy and other stuff

Last night our young adult group all converged on one of the young women's home to attack massive quantities of poison ivy.  We got most of it out, chopped down, picked up and applied massive doses of Round Up to the roots.  Rubbing alcohol was doused, precautions were taken, but we are all waiting for that patch of skin that we missed to flair.  I 'll keep you posted.
Then we ate food.  Lots of food.  We deserved it.

I am cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets, and the basement. I am on a mission. We want to put wood floors in our family room. Pippin needs to be able to expand his territory and we have found that off white carpet with massive amounts of weekly traffic is a bad mix.  I am getting rid of things, simplifying.
I have no idea where all this energy has come from, but I am tapping it before it leaves. And besides, I love my home and my family. I'm thankful.

I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.  ~Nancie J. Carmody

When I get tired, I'm picking out something new to knit. I did write the designer of the Cocoon Silk Cardigan to see if there is a chart. I'm a visual learner and maybe that will show me what my problem is.
In the meantime, I'm going to knit something else, an item to be determined after I drink my coffee.




1 comment:

  1. I hope the poison ivy hasn't shown up anywhere it isn't wanted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails