Thursday, July 15, 2010

Babies and Bears

I have found knitting for babies tricky. Hats too big or small, booties falling off and my excitement of conquering the Baby Surprise Sweater was quelled by the fact that the sweater I made still does not fit my 1 year old grandson.  He lives far away and I am not able to try things on him.  My resistance to checking gauge has haunted me in this area.  Well, I am happy to report that the Babies and Bears I made last year fits him now.  This is a wonderful sweater and fun to knit.  I love the little hood, though I'm thinking he is not so thrilled. What do you think?











3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, how cute! It's perfect! Just beautiful. What a cute little model, too.

    When it gets really cold outside, he'll surely like that hood. ;)

    I had the same size problems for kids who were not standing in front of me as I knitted/crocheted. Instead of using sizes included with patterns for knit and crochet that can vary with no apparent sense of reason, I measure the kids myself and take the measurements with me when I travel. I've been able to make clothes for the kids while I'm far away that fit that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO cute. And he is a doll! Love those little jeans too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so cute!!

    wanna be my grandma?!!? :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails