Saturday, July 3, 2010

Man Vs. Nature


Every year it seems, I get a lesson in the concept of man vs. nature.  It is a battle.  My gardening skills are being honed. One year it was an overnight invasion of the squash borer, rendering my zucchini and crooknecks worthless.  Last year, tomato worms sucked the life out of most of my crop. This year, a young stag who I thought was a friendly visitor, without a shred of gratitude for my good will, mowed down my swiss chard which was almost ready to harvest and topped all my green bean plants.  Next year, I'm bringing out the big guns, poles with twine and netting over all. Farming is not easy and we should all be grateful for our food.

To make matters worse, the wind knocked my beautiful petunias off the deck rail and dumped them upside down on the ground. It happened while I was sick, so who knows how long they lay there.  Needless to say, they look retched.

The garden of Eden must have been lovely.  No toil for food and everyone just getting along.  Heaven will be the same.  I look forward to that.


He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or
mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Rev. 21:4




2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry. :( Your veggies are turned into moose chow and your petunias took a dive. Those petunias probably have a chance if the stems haven't broken.

    I hope you are not attacked again by either beast nor wind.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this very much, Debbie. Thanks for the reminder of our eternal home. Personally, I'm hoping Abba gives me a job on the gardening staff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails