Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Pain


Well, the deer ate half of the beans...but we are still getting some of them.  My peppers are going crazy and I may pickle some.  My cucumbers are beautiful and the cherry tomatoes are starting to turn red.
The kitchen is almost done.  Touch up today and putting it back together.  My body will never be the same.  Advil is on the menu.

On Saturday, we went to the funeral of a wonderful husband and father.  His boys gave  touching eulogies, describing their father's faith, kindness and love of his family.  Our pastor mentioned that this man had made it his life's work to help his wife know how much God loved her.

In contrast, on Sunday, I was informed of the impending divorce of some good friends.  The wife does not feel loved and the husband won't go to counseling.

That legacy will be quite different.

It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart. Ecclesiastes 7:2


1 comment:

  1. Your kitchen is just beautiful - and in my favorite colors of peace. If I am seeing blue in that image, it is the same as the entire first floor of my home.

    So sad about both the death and the divorce. We have also dealt with the death of a good friend this week and a close family member is going through a difficult divorce. Although both are difficult, I can better understand the death, making your point completely.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails