Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stay-cation

I am driven from my own home,  but all for a good cause.  My wood floors are being refinished and nasty carpeting is being removed from my family room.  This makes me happy. However, choosing a wood color is a difficult task and one thing leads to another.  The color of my dreams clashes with my orangey oak cabinets and I have no intention of replacing them.  The flooring was long overdue, but new cabinets are a luxury I'm not interested in. I settled on a natural stain that the cabinets will blend with and will lighten up my dark house. 
So, here I sit at Panera in the air conditioning.  The past two days I have be sequestered in my office, working in a 105 degree heat index with fans blowing on me, so frankly,  I am happy to escape. No air conditioning can be on when the workers are doing their thing. My dear husband (he reads my blog) got us a hotel room for a few days so that I could have a little stay-cation. No dishes, no vacuuming, no climbing over piles of stuff that had to get moved in order to do the floors (several rooms look like something off of Hoarders) and TIME TO KNIT! Yes, I intend to sit in the air conditioning and finish Hudson's sweater. 
One more thing. Change your passwords, people! My oldest email account, a Hotmail account, was hacked and an email was sent to all of my contacts (including me because I has several emails for various purposes) letting everyone know I was in Wales with no money and a lost passport.  My password was changed and I can't access the account and good luck dealing with Hotmail. There is no such thing as internet security and real people do not man any phones if you run into a problem like this. In fact, real people do not man most customer help lines.  I have found hitting 0 a bunch of times will shoot you straight to a live person, but no such luck with hotmail.  All this to say, I need my stay-cation.

1 comment:

  1. How nice of your husband to arrange for a hotel room. The new hardwood floor color choice sounds perfect, Debbie. Good for you for sticking with your perfectly good cabinets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails