Saturday, September 11, 2010

Firsts

This week was a week of firsts for several reasons.  I sold my first pattern on Ravelry! I was quite excited to see the notification in my email. I have lots of ideas, with little time...but it's a good start.

Another first is that I decided to become a MOPS mentor mom. MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers and is a monthly meeting of young moms who share a meal, a craft idea, and special speaker or devotion and have time for table discussion so that they can develop new friendships.  Now that I have entered grandmother-hood (while still mothering teens and young adults), they figure I'm ready to mentor. We older moms know what worked, what didn't, what we wish we'd done, what we wished we hadn't and know deep down inside that we don't know it all even after all that. We can encourage and be a listening ear though and sometimes that's all any of us need.

The most fun thing for me is that out of the forty moms that were at the first meeting, three of them met their husbands at my house. We have mentored young adults for many years every Friday night in our home and it is a joy to see them grow in their faith and relationships to others. We are blessed to have been able to be used in this way.

It is cool and the windows are open. The dog is lying at my feet. Amy is off making funnel cakes and Hubby is doing the bills.  I think I will knit.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the first sale. That is always the most exciting one, isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that these sweet young moms will be blessed by your heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails