Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Something New

Can you tell I get bored easily?  Actually I am technology impaired and by changing things up occasionally, I learn something new.  Blogger is always adding new features and I like experimenting.  One problem though...the text font for my posts is TOO small. I can't figure out how to change it...but I will.  Weigh in please.  Did you go blind reading this?


Last night we pulled out an old family favorite.  It is gluten free and makes for a quick, yummy meal.

Hot Santa Fe Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 ⅛ tsp. salt (or more to taste)
tsp. pepper
2 T. oil
½ C onions chopped
1 ½ C chicken broth
2 C instant brown rice uncooked
10 oz. frozen corn, thawed or 1 can of corn drained
1 16 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
¼ C scallions chopped fine
¼ C cilantro, chopped
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
2 tsp. chili powder
¼ C. balsamic vinegar or less, to taste
10 oz. corn chips

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute chicken until until golden brown. Remove to dish. Cook onion over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes, until just soft. add broth and rice, boil, stir and reduce to low. cover and let rice absorb liquid, 18-20 minutes. Stir in corn and beans. simmer, covered 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in other ingredients.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails