Monday, September 13, 2010

Sticky Wings


We have never been a big Sunday dinner type of family. We eat lunch after church and then my daughter calls it YOYO day (your on your own.) I try to keep a frozen pizza handy and of course there are always volumes of leftovers in my fridge.  A big bowl of popcorn is usually in order as well.  Yesterday, I did something different and we all agreed, the recipe is a keeper.  Here it is:

Debbie's Sticky Wings

5 lbs. of party wings
1 18oz. bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce (Gluten free!)
8 oz. of honey (ours is from a family member's bees - delicious!)
1 C. sugar
1 C. brown sugar
Hot sauce can be added to taste

Marinate the wings in a ziplock bag overnight or at least 6-8 hours.  Squish the bag occasionally. cover a large baking sheet with foil.  Place wings on pan, taking them out of the marinade.  If any of them look dry, you can drizzle a little, but if you were squishing like you should have, this won't be necessary.

Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours.  They will just be starting to blacken the tips and will be deep in color.  Take the wings off the tray and place on platter.  Munch away!

Lots of weeds are growing in my yard.  The drought-stressed grass is unable to crowd out the weeds like it can when it is healthy.  Now we not only have to get the grass healthy, but we have major weeds to attack.  I hear an application somewhere... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails