Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chemo Cap

Chemo cap number two is done. This yarn is so nice to knit with.  It is stretchy and warm and slightly nubby.  One has to be careful not to stretch it while knitting. The hat is basically a long ribbed strip with ends joined with a kitchener stitch (need some practice on the sock toes? This will give you lots of practice) and then seamed for 8 inches on one side. Clear as mud, huh?

The loop is twisted in the back and brought up over the top and placed wherever you would like it, giving it the turban appearance. It really is a wonderful, simple design.
Esprit Chemo Turban
Cascade Fixation - 2 1/2 skeins
Needles -Size 9 
The caps will be sent off in the mail tomorrow.  My sister has had good reports from the doctors; good blood counts and a strong heart.  Her spirits are up and her side effects are being managed. She is an independent woman and is learning to let others do for her.  She is learning that it is OK to let others serve her. She is loved by many and all of us are grateful for your prayers.












4 comments:

  1. Beautiful chemo cap! It is also a great turban hat for anyone just to stay warm. Lovely.

    All the best to your sister and to you, too.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you shared what your sister is learning along the way. I continue to pray for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful hat. I came across your blog when I was searching for the pattern name. I plan on making it but I'm confused by the provisional cast-on with scrap yarn. Could you recommend a website that would walk me through it. Chemo starts in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Provisional Cast on is explained beautifully in this video at this site:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3J-sUx_whE

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails