Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Good News

We got a good report-my sister has a stage 3 breast cancer.  This is much better than stage 4!  Funny how everything is relative, that we could rejoice at the news of stage 3 cancer.  This picture was taken at the Creation Museum garden this summer, but was the best picture I could find to describe how we all felt with this news. She began chemo today without incident and is ready for the fight!   
I am almost done with her chemo cap, but I fear I am running out of yarn. Will call Webs tomorrow and see if they still have this dye lot. 
We had a little rain this evening and it was quite welcome.  My rain gauge is lying on the deck, doing me no good in measuring the amount.  Everything is so parched and dry. The leaves are brown and crunchy as they fall from the trees.  The usual fall foliage is sparse. I baked some pumpkin bread for MOPS tomorrow and had a cup of tea. I think I'm ready for bed. 




3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your sweet sister...my mom was diagnosed last Thanksgiving with breast cancer (stage 2) and is cancer free now! Each morning, mom and dad would encourage each other with the line, "Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow!" Great is Thy Faithfulness!! Will continue to keep your family in our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the news is better than it might have been. I hope all goes very well for your sister.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. With love and support you will all pass through these hard times.
    I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails