Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Provisional Cast On

The provisional cast on is a clever idea.  It is very simple. First you make a chain with a crochet hook.  Make it longer than the number of stitches you need in your knitting.  Then you knot it and cut the thread.  You are done with that piece of yarn.  I like to use something other that what I will be knitting with.
Then you turn the chain over and knit into the "bumps" on the back of the chain, picking up as many stitches as you need.  Later, you can unravel the chain, place the stitches on a needle and graft them or what ever your pattern wants you to do. Simple.

Yesterday my sister's hair began coming out.  She tearfully went to the salon to shave her head.  A pumpkin spice latte and a trip to the local quilt shop was a just reward. She was donning a hat that her hubby had purchased for her and told me that instantly people were treating her  differently.  "Is everything alright?", ""Can I get you anything else?", "Have a seat and I will bring it all to you. " "Let me get that for you."
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we were nice to people all the time, not just when we think they are sick?  My sister says she's going to enjoy it while it lasts, but it got me thinking.  Most people I know have hard things going on and the ones who seem like they don't, just haven't opened up about it yet. We all have trouble.  Jesus said we would. How about we be nice to people?  Not hold grudges, think the best, serve people without expectation, and give them grace. Maybe our friends, neighbors, customers, and co-workers aren't all wearing cancer turbans, but we could imagine that they are.  We all suffer from the same sinful condition and we all have trouble.  It's something to think about.

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins. Ecclesiastes 7:20

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Cor. 13:4-7









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails