Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Breakfast


Travis Ryan released another new single for Christmas on itunes this morning.  I hope you enjoy it!

Speaking of Christmas, what are you knitting for Christmas?  I am knitting a few presents, but not many.  I keep getting inspired, but fear I won't have enough time to finish.
It is always fun to plan holiday meals.  We serve the same breakfast every year on Christmas morning.
This frittata is delicious and one that little ones may not like, but my kids grew into it and now look forward to it every year.  We serve it with smokies, fresh fruit and homemade cinnamon rolls.

Artichoke Frittata
         ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
         1 cup onions chopped
         1 tablespoon oil
         1 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
         5 eggs
         2 6 ounce jars artichoke hearts (may have to check with manufacturer for gluten free status)
         1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Saute mushrooms and onions. Allow spinach to drain well. Beat eggs lightly and combine with rest. Bake covered in buttered 1/2 qt. casserole 45 min at 350.
Double if you want leftovers.  We always do!

Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Ah, Christmas. I will be out of town for Christmas this year. I will go through my gift box here of items I have been making all year to pick out items to take to friends. Yes, I am still making things, but I have that in mind year round so don't have quite as much to do when I get close to the holidays.

    Your recipe looks delicious! I'll have to try that.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails