Friday, November 5, 2010

Far North Yarn Co.

What is the first thing you do when you visit a new town?  Well if you are a TRUE knitter, you seek out the closest yarn store.  And how do you know you are in Alaska?  By walking in a seeing a huge display of Lopi first thing.  This store has a wonderful variety of yarns, lots of tweeds and heathers (which I love), and some varieties I had not ever seen before.

The  owner was friendly and helpful and the store was cozy and warm. Everything was displayed nicely.


Of course, everyone needs a souvenir when they travel. I'm thinking some fingerless mitts and a hat for me.  As a I packed to leave, I realized I don't have hardly any handknits.  This must be remedied. It is more fun to knit for others, but it is pathetic when going on a trip to a cold climate that a knitter would not have hardly any handknits to choose from.

 This Baby Alpaca from Plymouth was only $7.45 a skein and feels like butter.  Hubby may be getting a new hat soon.

Check out the owner's blog.  She has some wise words to help you determine who.gets.the.handknits this Christmas. 

It looks as though a lot of sight seeing has been going on. Not true. Two stores spaced out with rest time in between and a couple of wonderful meals at some of Alaska's finest  before chemo, that's all.  Now we are hunkered down and waiting for extreme fatigue and malaise to relent. 

"Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted."
~Isaiah 49:13~ 

1 comment:

  1. What a nifty place. I could spend hours there just playing with all the yarn and planning fun projects. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails