Friday, November 19, 2010

Fiberge

My LYS is under new ownership.  Vicki sold her store to Norma (thank you, Vicki, for years of happy knitting!) and changes are in the making.  Norma has brought in new yarns that I have never had the pleasure of squeezing before. Spud and Chloe is a new (09) line from Blue Sky Alpaca. All machine washable, with beautiful colorways, with youthful patterns galore, it is going on my wish list.  I can picture my grandson wearing a whimsical owl hat or my daughter in a chunky sweater. There is a trunk show right now, so if you are local, it's worth a drive.
This yummy yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca's Worsted Cotton.  It is an entirely new type of cotton.  Buttery and soft, it doesn't have that dry feel that cotton often has.  It's not cheap, but it just might be worth it.
Lots of new knits are around the store inspiring me to put some new items in my queue. Namaste bags hang from the walls and other fun knitting accessories.  A table in the middle of the store was abuzz with local knitters.
Methinks gift certificates to Fiberge are going on my wish list!

My friends are blogging. I am thankful for each one.  They inspire me to grow and make me think.  Maybe you will be inspired as well.

Mountain Manna Devotionals- A short but meaningful daily meditation
The Intramuralist- Modeling respectful dialogue
Teaching Mommy to Pray- a mother growing in faith
Forever and Yesterday-Life lessons and mothering
Gathered from Afar- Adoption, hair, faith and attachment issues. 
Amy Whitehouse Paintings- my friend, the artist




2 comments:

  1. Where is your LYS? Do they have a web site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back to say that I found it on line. It's not far from us in North Avondale. I'll have to go out and take a look when I'm in Cincy. :) Thanks for your post so I know about this really cool place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails