Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Red Hat and Molasses Cookies

Another hat down, this one for my daughter's friend.  I have never really made hats in the past, but they are a fun project.  They are quick, useful and there are so many interesting patterns. They are also a great stash buster.

 I invested $3.99 in a styrofoam wig head at Sally's and it was a good move. It is so much easier to block a hat without stretching it.

It is frigid here and snow is on the ground.  In true Cincinnati fashion, it is gray and dreary, so every light in the family room is on while I contemplate Christmas cookies.  This recipe is a family favorite.

Molasses Cookies


                  ¾ cup shortening
                  1 cup sugar
                  1 egg, beaten
                  2 cup flour
                  ½ teaspoon ground cloves
                  ½ teaspoon cinnamon
                  1 teaspoon baking soda
                     pinch salt
                  4 tablespoon molasses

Cream shortening and sugar. Mix in egg. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients. Chill, form into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. 375 for 10 min. Don't overcook!









2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH... that is so smart! I just blocked a hat last night & think I stretched it out too much... I gotta go get a sytrofoam head!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, cookies and knitting! I just love winter. The stryo head is a wonderful idea.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails