Friday, December 3, 2010

Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup

My husband and I went on a date Saturday and my daughter went on a shopping spree to celebrate her home-alone status.  These are her dream foods.  Notice the Asian flair.  All food groups are represented much to my pleasure. A few of those foods only work for skinny teenagers. Enjoy them while you can, sweetie!
It is supposed to snow tomorrow and that means it a soup-in-the-crockpot kind of weekend.  I plan on knitting, knitting and if I have time, knitting.  After the soup gets started, of course. This recipe is my mom's and I have made it for years.  It is one of our favorite winter soups.

Vegetable Beef Soup

  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 celery ribs chopped
  • 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 lb. boneless beef chuck or round , cut in 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
  • ¼ c. tomato paste
  • 3 c. beef broth
  • 1 salt
  • ½ pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Toss it all in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
  • You may cook in your pressure cooker on low for 1 hour.
  • Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the soup recipe. I just love reading through recipes and trying them out.

    And, SUSHI! I love sushi. ;)

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails