It is supposed to snow tomorrow and that means it a soup-in-the-crockpot kind of weekend. I plan on knitting, knitting and if I have time, knitting. After the soup gets started, of course. This recipe is my mom's and I have made it for years. It is one of our favorite winter soups.
Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb. boneless beef chuck or round , cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ c. tomato paste
- 3 c. beef broth
- 1 t salt
- ½ t pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Toss it all in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- You may cook in your pressure cooker on low for 1 hour.