Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pippin Says Hi

Hey, it's me, Pippin here.  I love the snow.  I jump in it and run in it and every time my family brings me in they have to blow dry my hair and melt all the little snow balls that form in my hair.  I am getting so much attention from my people.  What a life!
This is what my street looks like, but it is still snowing and it will get deeper.  Right now the snow comes up to my belly.  Good thing I have lots of hair.  It is going to be in the single digits this week.
My family has the house spruced up for Christmas.  Notice all the towels on the chair.  Those are the pile of towels that had to get washed from drying me off all day.  We have a new star on the top of our tree.  Our old Angel was pretty ratty, so we ditched her.  We do have our nativity out and are watching lots of Christmas movies.  They all seem to have dogs barking in them, and that drives me a little crazy.  When my family went on a fun outing, they got me new toy that they put an old water bottle in so I can crunch it.  I love to pull out the hair with my teeth but family finds that extremely annoying.  I do love to shread things.  It's an obsession actually.  We are listening to Pandora's Sufjan Stevens Christmas channel and my family keeps eating their favorite Christmas treat: Haystacks.  I want one, but the fam says chocolate will kill me.  Here's the recipe:

Haystacks

1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips
1 bag chow mein noodles

Melt the chips slowly, stirring often,  Add in noodles and mix well, coating the noodles.  Drop by tablespoons on wax paper. Try not to eat them all in one sitting.  Don't let your dog have them.

Merry Christmas!
Pippin deFarge Von Borgenstein

1 comment:

  1. Oh little Pippen has gotten so big! Happy snow days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments make me happy!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails